other educational resources
This page includes resources created by subject matter experts within the stroke system to support best practices.
The West GTA Stroke Network (WGTASN) has created this page to list relevant COVID-related resources for our stakeholders. Documents will be uploaded as they become available.
Stroke Guidance Documents:
Note: Many hospitals have made the decision to admit all COVID-19 positive patients to specialized COVID-19 units. Many of the staff on these units will not have stroke care training. Stroke guidance documents for stroke best practices have been developed to support staff unfamiliar with managing acute ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke patients. This information is intended to be “guidance rather than directive” and is not meant to replace clinical judgment.
- Nursing Stroke Quick Reference Guide – COVID-19 Pandemic_WGTASN Version
- Virtual Care Resources - Stroke Rehab and Community - RC WGTASN Version - May 6th
- Virtual Supports_COVID_WestGTAStroke_CommunityEdition
- Aphasia Institute Pictographs: This template facilitates a conversation about COVID-19 and isolation. It includes information about physical distancing, and who to call in case of emergencies.
- Stroke Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Heart & Stroke Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations (CSBPR) Advisory Council has developed guidance on implementing evidence-based stroke care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CorHealth COVID-10 Resource Center for Stroke: CorHealth has provided an up-to-date listing of resources that you may find useful, like virtual rehab and online community resources.
To access click here.
Heart and Stroke Foundation Coronavirus Resources- Information to help deal with the COVID-19 crisis for patients and caregivers living with heart disease or stroke. Includes medical & social services, financial assistance, peer support, physical activity & nutrition, and Government of Canada updates
- To access click here