Who WE are
“FEWER STROKES…….BETTER OUTCOMES”
“TO CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE STROKE PREVENTION, CARE, RECOVERY AND RE-INTEGRATION”
THE WEST GTA STROKE NETWORK…
OUR GOAL IS TO DECREASE THE INCIDENCE OF STROKE, IMPROVE PATIENT ACCESS, CARE AND OUTCOMES FOR STROKE SURVIVORS AND THEIR FAMILIES; BY PROMOTING SYSTEM-CHANGE AND PROVIDING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
WHAT WE DO
- Collaborate with regional and provincial partners to identify, develop, implement and evaluate stroke care initiatives based on scientific evidence and best practice.
- Develop clinician expertise in stroke management through education opportunities and mentorship.
- Work with community partners to identify and address gaps in access and delivery of stroke services.
- Establish prevention strategies to promote health, wellness and management of personal health.
- Develop a system of care which supports stroke patients and families.
- Monitor performance of regional activities.
Our goal is to decrease the incidence of stroke, improve patient access, care and outcomes for stroke survivors and their families; by promoting system change and providing professional education.
Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Site is the designated Regional Stroke Centre for the West GTA Stroke Network. It provides stroke care throughout the whole continuum from the Emergency to Ambulatory Rehabilitation. It has a unique Comprehensive Stroke Unit (25 beds) where patients transition from acute to rehabilitation in a seamless fashion by staying in one location and keeping the same stroke professional care team.
The West GTA Regional Stroke Prevention Clinic is also housed at Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Site.