Who WE are
FEWER STROKES…BETTER OUTCOMES
TO CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE STROKE PREVENTION, CARE, RECOVERY AND RE-INTEGRATION
TO DECREASE THE INCIDENCE OF STROKE, IMPROVE PATIENT ACCESS, CARE AND OUTCOMES FOR STROKE SURVIVORS AND THEIR FAMILIES; BY PROMOTING SYSTEM-CHANGE AND PROVIDING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
WHAT WE DO
- Collaborate with regional and provincial partners to identify, develop, implement and evaluate stroke care initiatives based on scientific evidence and best practice
- Develop clinician expertise in stroke management through education opportunities and mentorship
- Work with community partners to identify and address gaps in access and delivery of stroke services
- Establish prevention strategies to promote health, wellness and management of personal health
- Develop a system of care which supports stroke patients and families
- Monitor performance of regional activities
Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Site is the Regional Stroke Centre for the West GTA Stroke Network. It provides stroke care throughout the whole continuum from the emergency department through ambulatory rehabilitation. It has a unique Comprehensive Stroke Unit (25 beds) where patients transition from acute to rehabilitation in a seamless fashion by staying in one location and keeping the same stroke professional care team.
The West GTA Regional Stroke Prevention Clinic is also housed at Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Site.
The West GTA Stroke Network is one of eleven networks in the province. As of June 22, 2017, the stroke networks are a part of CorHealth Ontario.
CorHealth Ontario, is an organization formed by the merger of the Cardiac Care Network of Ontario and the Ontario Stroke Network, with an expanded mandate spanning cardiac, stroke and vascular services through the entire course of care. CorHealth Ontario provides a strategic understanding of the care needs of both patients and providers as the basis for clinical quality improvement, provincial planning, resource allocation and performance measurement. The CorHealth Ontario strategic plan can be found here.