Who we are
Who we are
The West GTA Stroke Network is one of eleven regions across the province which comprises the Ontario Stroke System. We share the same Vision and Mission as the Ontario Stroke Network.
“Fewer Strokes…….Better Outcomes”
“To continuously improve stroke prevention, care, recovery and re-integration”
The West GTA Stroke Network…
Our goal is to decrease the incidence of stroke, improve patient access, care and outcomes for stroke survivors and their families; by promoting system-change and providing professional education.
What we do
- Collaborate with regional and provincial partners to identify, develop, implement and evaluate stroke care initiatives based on scientific evidence and best practice.
- Develop clinician expertise in stroke management through education opportunities and mentorship.
- Work with community partners to identify and address gaps in access and delivery of stroke services.
- Establish prevention strategies to promote health, wellness and management of personal health.
- Develop a system of care which supports stroke patients and families.
- Monitor performance of regional activities.
Our goal is to decrease the incidence of stroke, improve patient access, care and outcomes for stroke survivors and their families; by promoting system change and providing professional education.
Trillium Health Centre is the designated Regional Stroke Centre for the West GTA Stroke Network. It provides stroke care throughout the whole continuum from the Emergency to Ambulatory Rehabilitation. It has a unique Comprehensive Stroke Unit (20 beds) where patients transition from acute to rehabilitation in a seamless fashion by staying in one location and keeping the same stroke professional care team.
The West GTA Regional Stroke Prevention Clinic is also housed at Trillium Health Centre.